Heating problems on 2003 Grand Cherokee anyone?

ayrbhoy

I have two problems and I hope that I can have some advice or professional insight on one of my dilemmas. First I am no mechanic, I can change a tire, my oil and a pair of windshield wiper blades but thats it: thats my first problem, Im sure there is no hope for me here.

Second, my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee has heating problems. The fan, the AC, the defroster all works normally, there is just no hot air. There is no sign of leaking inside or out which I have been told is the indication of a heater core problem. The pressure of the air has not changed, like I mentioned the AC/Defroster works perfectly, just no heat. Does anyone have any helpful information for me? The dealer wants $120 just to look at the car. Im in the wrong business apparently. Thanks for reading this far....

All the best,

Scott.

Hi Scott, I don't know about the grand, but my cherokee has a heater valve located on the passenger side firewall that is controlled by vacuum. I replaced mine for the same reason. On mine, when the heat is off, the vacuum is on, so if you disconnect it you can feel the suction. hope this leads you in the right direction.;)

Thanks a million. I will start there, I hope it is as simple as you made it seem! Im grateful for people like you and this site.

All the best,

Scott.

Oh man i'm new here too!!! but yes this place rocks!! If you don't know it, someone here will for sure! Good luck keep us posted!

It may just be that the blend door isn't moving also. (Stuck on the cold side.)

Back