ZJ Won't Stay Running

orangeamc13

I have a 94 ZJ 5.2. It's been running great until the other day. I was driving and without any warnings or symptoms it just stopped running. When I turned the key it fired right back up for about 2 seconds and then died again. That is what it is still doing it will only run for 1 or 2 seconds. When it starts it idles beautifully, then it just dies. I had a similar problem before and it was the fuel pump. It doesn't seem to be the fuel pump this time. I can hear the pump working and when the JEEP stalls there is a strong smell of fuel from the exhaust, almost like it is flooding. Even though the check engine light doesn't come on I checked for trouble codes and found none. I tested the crankshaft position sensor and the throttle position sensor, they tested good. Could the IAC be doing this?

more than likely its your factory alarm. try pressing the disarm button a few times or put your key in your drivers door and lock and unlock the jeep that way.

Even though I heard the fuel pump whirling, I pulled off the line right before the filter and when I tried to start only a couple drops came out. My problem is the fuel pump. I replaced it a little less than 2 years ago and didn't think it would go so soon. Thanks!!!

Back