Air Filter

c12mec

Who has an opinion on "wet" type air filters? Considering on purchasing the K&N charged filter. Is the supposed increase in power worth the lower filtration?

If you don't have any other mods to go with the air filter, Then my opinion is no it's not worth it..

ok, what about the jet performance chip? i hear it may shorten engine life and spreads the pins apart.

ok, what about the jet performance chip? i hear it may shorten engine life and spreads the pins apart.
Is your WJ a 4.0? Ive heard mix reviews if it is. If its a V8 you might have more hope. As far as a KN filter, Ive got the rustys air tube with 9" filter, sounds great, and havent had any problems. If you take it offroading a lot you better get a foam cover for it or at least clean it often to avoid getting crap in your engine.

Any improvement in air flow is worth your expense. A K&N, Air Raid or any other type of "bigger" air filter will help. MFG's say 10-12 HP ... in reality you might gain 4-5HP. With more air in you need to get it out as well (exhaust)before you can chip it or you’re just wasting your money at this time.

Back