Grand Cherokee stalling mystery

stefni4246

Hello
My beloved 1997 Grand Cherokee has stalled on me twice in the past three weeks. Totally out of the blue, I will be tooling along and the vehicle "hiccups", and seems to lose power from the accelator to the engine.

Luckily I've been able to coast to the side of the road. It will resstart, but only run for a few seconds and then kind of chug before I can even move.

However, after two tows and my mechanic not being able to find anything wrong, I took it to the dealer. After being hooked up, driven, poked and prodded they can find nothing wrong.

A private Jeep garage expert told me he would guess the crankshaft position sensor, however was leaving for two weeks and couldn't get ot it. I took it to a dealer, where they could find no sensors out of whack.

Needless to say, I've lost faith in my Jeep.

Anybody have any advice? I'm starting to think new vehicle, which I want/can afford like a hole in the head.

Thank you, anyone, in advance.

Stephanie

First Welcome to the Jeepz board...
Second off the Grands are known for having the CPS (Crank shaft position sensor) go bad without sending a code. I will have to look up in my JP magazine collection to print what they say about it, but your second person I know who had the same problem with their Grands.

Back