Shut Down ???

beep45

So ..the other day I was toolin around town in my 89 cherokee ,5-speed,4.0 FI,and I go to take of from a stop light and bang...she just shuts right off and wont start for about 15 min ? Also Ill be drivin around and itll just start spittin and sputterin and ill put the petal to the floor just to keep running on,if i stop same thing happens ,15-30 min of lookin like a.....well u know.It just happens out of no where high speed and rpms,low speed and rpms,from starts,during shifts. Help cuz it has me smackin my head on the wall,Thanks

oh and some times itll just rev high and hold and not idle normal for a few min

check your coil mime 89 was doing the same thing and last weekend i have my coil tested it was reading al messed up put a new one in i have had the problem since

I heard that it could be a CPS (crack pos. sensor) also ? maybe? If it helps at all my temp light also comes on but my jeep never over heats and my therm. is still good.......:bomb:

pull the coil and take it to a parts store i took mine to autozone and they have a thing they test them with its a free test a new coil is 42.88 here in lebanon ore thats the duralast brand at least

It seems my tps is out of wack ,ill see if playin with that does the trick.

Back