Nasty Leaks!!

daniel19805

My transmission is leaking so bad that the Transmission fluid is flying onto the Exhaust and smoking like crazy!! Along with an oil leak. I was queted 350.00 To fix the transmission Leak. This only happens when i accelurate on the free way and the car starts to get up to operating temp. 210 Degrees. Any advice would be great

Is the transmission overheating and coming out the overfill?

My transmission is leaking so bad that the Transmission fluid is flying onto the Exhaust and smoking like crazy!! Along with an oil leak. I was queted 350.00 To fix the transmission Leak. This only happens when i accelurate on the free way and the car starts to get up to operating temp. 210 Degrees. Any advice would be great

I think there can be a cross pipe right beside a row of bolts next to the transmission pan. I'm guessing it's an auto.
If so, take a metric socket and crawl under there and see if you have some loose transmission pan bolts. Sometimes they get really loose as the gasket shrinks over time.
You might slow it down enough where it won't smoke at least.

Yah the transmission bolts were very loose i did go loosen tighten them up , but she still is smokin under the car pretty bad. How can the transmission over heat?

Any other options this dude told me i have leaks in tranfer case & Main seal etc.

Put it this way I had to put 4 courts of transmission fluid in it today. But when i drive to and from work *5 miles* i never have a problem.

How do i fix the transmission from over heating?

Yah the transmission bolts were very loose i did go loosen tighten them up , but she still is smokin under the car pretty bad. How can the transmission over heat?

Any other options this dude told me i have leaks in tranfer case & Main seal etc.

Put it this way I had to put 4 courts of transmission fluid in it today. But when i drive to and from work *5 miles* i never have a problem.

How do i fix the transmission from over heating?

drop the pan and replace or clean the filter screen. It holds about 10 quarts of fluid total including the torque converter, but less than 5 quarts are in the pan at any given time.

Also, your rear main seal leak is more than likely associated with a blow by problem. One of the big problems with the 4.0 is that the PCV system gets plugged and causes excessive pressure and forces oil to leak where it may not normally be a problem

do a search or three on this forum for PCV Postive Crankcase Ventilation and read up, the fix is pretty simple and not very expensive at all

Ok..... figured it out sorta.....After a little of drving she starts leaking extremely bad right between the engine and transmission & i meen leaking horible!

What is up on that are i can not see. The jeep is 4 * 4

Ill take some pictures a little later.

It is dripping almost right on the exhaust under the transmission. Its a very bad leak ! It only happens after she starts to heat up. There is no leak if i drive to work and back 5 miles. Ill post pics later.

At this point your going to need to drop the transmission. You either have a cracked Torque converter or the main seal needs replacing. Both are simple to do but time consuming

This only happens after driving for a while. What would cause the transmission to overhe

Back