enritia switch?

Chapes1010

I have an 89 xj and i recently flipped it while on a trail ride. its still salvagable but, i have tried to start it and my battery is fine, cable ends all are alright. but when i turn on the key nothing happens. i know in Fords there is the fuel shut off switch that gets kicked on. .. but all the electrial systems work and the motor will still crank. . is there a switch somewhere that I need to flip to solve this?

Check for an ASD relay, or auto shutdown relay. I know they have them for '91+, not sure about your Renix setup.

Most shops should be able to hook up diagnostics using a Chrysler plug on the pass. fender.

Funny, I've never ever before had that problem in mine. Check for spark by pulling a plug wire off a spark plug and holding it close to the cap. Check for fuel in the fuel rail by releasing the schrader valve after you turn the ignition to on (not start).

hey i rolled a couple times. one time i got air before i rolled and the reason i rolled was because the engine shut off and killed the steering pump. i later found out that there is a main fuse that blows that "only the dealer can replace" or some bull like that. it didnt cost all that much, but your engine will do nothing until the fuse is replaced. it is set up as a safety measure so that the fuel stops flowing to the engine and all that fun stuff so your engine doesnt explode. good concept, but a pain when it really happens to you

I'm happy to say that my XJ finally runs. the problem was a cable that was loose on the side of the block. . . and my started was fried

Back