Welded Rearend?

What do you mean by 'tear up'?

I ran a welded rear in my D35 for years with no problems. A lot of how it last is determined by tire size, HP, gearing, weight, traction, etc.

I know run a spool in place of the lincoln locker.

I just mean will it tear up the internals? This wont be a strictly trail jeep, so I was wondering if it will tear something up since both tires will spin in a turn unlike with a normal axle letting one will spin faster than the other.

The only thing that will happen is your tires might wear a little faster. I ran a welded front and rear in my old YJ for a few years and on road no ill effects.

I run a spool in the front too :D

It won't tear up internals if properly welded. You need a lot of heat and penetration to keep the welds from breaking under stress. Don't put a lot of weight in the jeep in a high traction situation, like dry road, or it will break.

K well so much for it lasting. I was driving down the road and next thing I know theres a huge Pop and there goes my rearend. Hopefully the junkyard has a axle tomorow.

Sorry, but I have to laugh.
haha_simpsons-1.jpg

lol thanks. I was happy when I realized it was only the rearend and not the transmission. That brightened my day some. And I also got a glimpse of how the jeep would look it we turned it into a serious offroader and trailered it places. Looked pretty badass haha. Hoping to have it fixed by friday.

I'm like Bounty. Mine was welded for a while and held up to a lot of abuse on 37's.

Back