fuel pump...unsure?

MuddySailor

I think my fuel pump is going on my XJ earlier today i was at a light and when i went to take off, it felt like it was about to die like when a lawnmower runs out of gas, so i stomped on the gas and it was fine. Its also giving me trouble now when i go to start it up could that be the pump? What do you guys think?

I think my fuel pump is going on my XJ earlier today i was at a light and when i went to take off, it felt like it was about to die like when a lawnmower runs out of gas, so i stomped on the gas and it was fine. Its also giving me trouble now when i go to start it up could that be the pump? What do you guys think?

I'd probably squirt some oil into the IAC opening first and see if things didn't change. Not enough air will give you same symptoms as not enough fuel.

Then maybe do a CPS ohm check. Just because they tend to act up and have been blamed for everything from a miss, through stalls, to no starts. Though there are other sensors that may cause the same symptoms.

Fuel pumps seen to manifest when the motor uses the most fuel, like on the interstate.

Do a key type MIL test and see what codes pop up, if any.

Back