Cherokee or Grand Cherokee?

Rynxprs

I currently own a 93 Cherokee.....thinking of getting a newer one or a mid/late 90's Grand Cherokee?

I assume the Grands woudl ride smoother?

Any other pros/cons for a Grand over a regular Cherokee?

Thanks!

Pros: 4 wheel coil spring which makes it way more flexy stock than a stock XJ any day. Smoother ride on & off the highway.

Cons: about 6" wider and longer than the XJ. about 500lb heavier than the XJ.

All in all I'll take a ZJ any day. I love my ZJ on the trail. With the front sway bar discos, it out did an XJ with 2" lift and front disco (and it's stock otherwise).

We bought a '93 sport cherokee new. I was slobberin' over the grands in the showroom when we did. Six years later (and 20k cheaper) I got the ZJ that I still drive. Tell you what, even after 244k miles I believe I'll do whatever to keep it running. Sure the gas milage ain't great, but it beats the crap out of a payment.

If your gonna get the Grand, make sure you go with the ZJ. Much more offroadable yet still is great on the street. I loooooooove mine.

I Agree With Graewulf That With The ZJ The Coils All The Way Around Is Much More Flexy Than The XJ And Smoother Riding For Sure But I'm A Little Bias On This I Love My XJ And Where I Live XJ's Are A Dime A Dozen So Finding Parts Is Not Hard At All. I Guess It All Depends On Which Model You Like Best, They Both Have There Pro's And Con's Over One Another

Back