help a newbie out please

WJhopeful

im new to 4x4 but have to start somewhere and I will probably get some **** but seriously help me out i wasnt born with this knowledge. ok hello a few questions got a loan finally and looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee,what year between 1999 and 2002 is best and what is the difference. I live in florida and will be pushing it through deep sand,mud and sandy trails maybe some offroad but not that much it is florida soo probably not much rock crawling. Need a v8 and preferably switchable from 4wd to 2wd for daily drivin is that an option on them? also are they really 4wheel drive or do you have to get lockers to get maximum traction for deep sand will have about 4-5k for mods everything from intake, exhaust,wheels tires 6-8 in lift and gears and anythink else, is that even possible? whats the best setup for my purpose and money thanks for any help i really appreciate it and yes i know my punciation sux :)

Welcome to the Z.

You can get either fulltime 4wd or the selectrac which has a 2wd option. I believe the Quadratrac in the '99+ has some type of locking diffs.

'99+ are all the same to me, I wouldn't know which of that year range to look for or to look out for. Just keep in mind that if you have any computer aided traction or braking devices that they may not like a change in tire height.

Back