new here! couple of tech questions

zchrisz

i have a 1994 jeep grand cherokee limited 5.2l v8 not sure of which transmission, but lately the transmision slips going from 2 to 3rd, i took it to the dealer and they said they adjusted fluid pressure and adjusted the kickdown cable, and it was shifting fine, 2 months later it's doing the same thing, what could be causing this?

also the steering there seems to be play in it, so driving it will drift to the sides and your constantly turning the steering wheel, it has 4 new tires and alignment, and in the snow the whole truck starts swaying very dangerously, is this because the play in the steering?

its 4wd all time, and i just noticed today the pass side front control arm bushing is warn, would this have anything to do with the truck being bad in the snow? any help greatly appreciated.

[addsig]

i think that all the bushings in your front suspension all need to be looked at...[addsig]

Even though they are really really small and insignificant.....I would reccomend replacing the sway arm bushings....

I was a service writter at a local honda dealership and every time someone would complain about play in the steering it would probably be the sway arm bushings...

another way to tell if they are bad is take a turn at a high rate of speed and see if the you have a exceptional amount of body roll (the nose will pick up like it's going to take off)

These bushing are very cheap i wanna say around $20.00..........and they are even easier the replace..

hope that helps[addsig]

Back