left turn signal blinking fast with headlights on 1994 grand cherokee

rh72nova

:???:I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee , when you turn on the left turn signal it works fine until you turn on the headlights and they start blinking twice as fast. Have switched out all the bulbs front and rear several times. Nothing seems to correct this problem Turn off headlights and they work fine. Just left side. I checked the connectors with a test light on the tan with dark blue tracer and they will work fine with headlights on. Remove the test light and they will blink fast again. What am I missing, before I start throwing money on parts. I am very eager to git this resolved.

if i'm not mistaken, there is a lamp module located on the driver side D pillar(rear Quarter panel). there is an access panel that you can remove and readily see the module. i've seen these modules do some funny things with the lamp functions. verify your power and grounds and check the connections.

You could try a new flasher. I've seen them do real funny things in my Dodge P/U before. They're only 4 $.

sounds like you have a short to ground, because the extra current flow causes the flasher to heat up faster and blink faster. then when you add the test light, there is more resistance in the circuit and the flasher slows down. what role the headlights are playing in all this is a mystery to me. i would go over the wiring carefully and especially look for aftermarket driving lights improperly wired, just as an example of a possibility. hope this helps, john

Back