Need Help:Jeep GC 2003 won't start

shoaba

Here is my problem which started last night:
After parking my jeep (it is 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD, 6 Cylinders) for two hours, the gauges in the dashboard were bouncing to the right and then to the left and clicking noise from just above the fuse panel. This was happening even though the car was turned off (the key was not in the starter/ign). I plugged the key and tried to start it but it won't start, the battery seemed dead. When I switch the key all the way, the clicking noise disappeared and when I switched back off, it will come back again.
I asked my friend to jump start my car with his, and I was able to start the car. During my way back home, the electronic digits (clock and millage number), kept blinking, and I heard a sudden sound from the radio speakers, then the radio went off, and back on.

I kept the car running for 20 minutes hoping to recharge the battery, however, after I switched off it did not come back on. The clicking sound from the top of fuse panel still there and the gauges went crazy even though the car was turned off.

Note: I just changed the battery two months ago

Any Help?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

To be more specific the clicking sound is coming form under the steering column opening cover, the bottom side of the steering column housing while the car is turned off.

All the sypmtoms you've described points towards a Dead Battery. it's common for most Chrysler Vehicles to do what your experiencing on your jeep. Get your Battery Checked even thou you've just replaced it and get your charging system checked as well.

Back