2006 Jeep Liberty Total Engine Replacement

swigrus

I have a company 2006 Jeep Liberty with 65k on it. I was driving it on Wednesday 01/21/2009. I heard a ticking noise, the ticking turned into a tocking/thunking/knocking noise within seconds. Before I could pull over a squealing noise was heard and I found a parking lot. I turned the engine off, called a tow truck. The dealership said the main engine bearing in it had gone and with-in seconds oil was not thrown up into the passenger side lifters. They said this was the source of all the sounds (the lifter area) I had heard. They said the damage was done within seconds and that there wasn't anything that I could have done to prevent the engine failure. $5,000 to replace the engine with a 24k (I'm not a mechanic so don't even give advice for 'me' to do it) 12 month/12,000 mile warrenty remanufactured engine. I think Jeep holds some responsibility for this total failure as I, as a driver, performed all checks and services on time and even had the oil replace every 3 to 4 thousand as directed by the service manual. Obviously they don't care what I think so, of course, my company is having it replaced. You can't imagine how bad this makes me look seeing as how the old Chevy Blazer that I drove for the company had a transmission failure (a common issue, 3 others in the company had the same thing and transfer case failure too) at 127,000 miles. Looks bad and sucks being me. Just *****in'! :x

Back