no heat in my 1997 jeep cherokee

PicklePerk19736

I have change my water pump and thermostat .both heat hose seam hot ..I can hear the door open and close when I change the temp control and fell it getting colder when it changes .Jim lost with what to do. can anyone help me ? ty Phil

good chance your heater core is plugged. unhook the hoses at the motor and backflush the heater core with a garden hose.

i was having the same problem with my 2k xj. it ended up being that the ac evap had taken a crap on me and was not really letting air get to the heater core. id say pull the blower motor and look in the heater box and check that. also try too flush the heater core as the above guy mentioned. just hope you dont have to take the heater box out, its a pain

If it's a Grand Cherokee, it might be a bad heat blend door.

ya there is a heat comes out for about 5 sec then goes to cold after that.. the fan only runs on the high position so i know i got to replace that..

If it only runs on high...it probably needs a resistor to fix that.

When you switch it between defrost, floor, etc...does it still blow air out of the different areas and switch back and forth properly?

ya it switches back and forth from all floor ect.the weather is better today i switched the heater hoses .seams like i got heat now.ya i got to get one of them resistor to fix the fan speeds in going to try this and see what it does thanks for your input

Back