Someone must know the answer to this.....

dcshoe40

i have a brain tezzer for you. I have an 88 grand cherokee that i scooped up for $500 straight body clean inside and out. It has the straight 6 in it 5 speed 4 wheel you know the rest. Well i pulled it home with no spark so i changed out the cps, cap and rotor, some other things also and a new battery also. I am now getting spark fuel press is right on the money i have had a friend that i worked with at jeep that is a master tech come over and we have hooked the computer up to it and everything is right on the money. But yet it still just sits there and cranks nothing happens. We have sprayed starter fluid in the throttle it wont even back fire with that. Before we go on looking at more possibilitys like head gasket and bad piston which i am checking tomorrow is there any thing i should check on that i am missing you think??????? I really could use the help.

Fuel, Spark and Air. 3 components required for internal combustion to occur..If you checked for spark on the wire out of the coil, recheck it on the wire to the sparkplugs..fuel; if you have the specified pressure on the fuel rail, are you sure its coming out of the injector?. your friend that has the scantool, if thats the DRB3, he should be able to actuate the injector to test it.. the PCM has to see a reference from the CKP and CMP to see the firing order to ignite the respective cylinder, if it doesn't know which one , the PCM will not Pulse the injector to squirt fuel..since it didnt start by inducing fuel on the intake, my guess is you still have a problem with spark.

Back