75 Cherokee Chief rear window

Bigf350sd

Anybody here know anything about the rear window on an old chief? I cant get mine to roll down more than 2 or 3 inches, then it stops dead in its tracks, and it won't roll up either. I haven't gotten inside the vehicle yet to look and see if there is a removable panel on the inside that I can take off without opening the tailgate, and be able to access the window internals. As it is right now, I cant open the rear gate with the window up, and I just bought the thing, and the window was down about 3 inches from the top, and I was trying to roll it up to keep it from raining in it.

If i remember right from my junk yard days there is an access panel inside that is removable. The rollers on the regulator that the window sits on are plastic and tend to break causing the window to stick and not roll down. You have a real pain on your hands. it's been over 15 years but I do remember that if it's a power window and you remove the motor from the regulator WATCH OUT! It is spring loaded and will snap with enough force to break things like glass , fingers etc.

You can Remove the Door panel without opening the tail gate. And just like what Oregon Jeep warned you about, use some common sense on what you are doing cause you can get hurt really bad.. since the window is mostly on the up position, when you remove the door panel, you will see the Window regulator and the Channels for the window. if the window is a Power window, try tapping the motor with a wrench and see if it turns. Spray some Lubricant on the channels and regulator assembly rollers.

Well, I do appreciate the input and tips from both of you, and I guess I'll be crawling over the back seat in the next day or two, seeing what I can get figured out. Thanks again.

Back