2008 liberty

02jptj35

I am looking at installing the rock krawler 3.5" kit on my wives kk. Has anyone done one? If so does anyone know where i might find a copy of the insallation instructions online so i can read them before i buy it to see if i want this kit or another kit. Thanks OlllllO

Welcome to Jeepz.com Rob. I've haven't seen one done on a KK body yet but it's just as simple as lifting the front end and placing jackstands on the lift point on the body , remove the front wheels and lower the suspension to a relaxed position. You will need to remove the brake calipers from the caliper brackets and hang it on the upper section of the suspension to keep it from getting in the way and stretching the lines. Remove the the lower control arm bolt that holds the strut fork and remove the upper fork tube bolt then remove the lower control arm balljoint nut and dis-member the balljoint to knuckle. Swap it out with the lift kit fork. You will probbably have a difficult time installing the longer fork since the lower control arm will have tension upwards. You can releive this by loosening the lower control arm bolts. Remember, the suspension bolts needs to be torqued to specs with the vehicle at its laden position, NOT when it's up on jack stands otherwise you will have premature failures on your bushings and suspension components. You will also need to take it to an alignment shop to get it back to spec. Camber, toe and steering center might get close to the factory specifications, caster MIGHT not get there. The rear lift is no more than a spring spacer added on the top of the spring.

Attachments

• KK fork.jpg
    KK fork.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 222
  • KK rear.jpg
    KK rear.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
I've already done it and have already had to replace both U joints...rear was the only one that was bad but ended up replacing both with heavy duty with greaseable zerks.

Back