2003 GC rear suspension noise!!

jugdish35

hello all, first time poster here. picked up a 03 grand cherokee about a month ago and knew i would have to put some cash into it , but its starting to get a little crazy now . what i have is a knock or thud in the rear suspension area when i go over small bumps and regular street cracks and expansion joints. so far i have replaced shocks (all 4) , rear swaybar and links, lift gate shocks, ive checked for loose spare tire and jack, gas tank, exhaust system.. the only thing left in the rear is the rear upper control arm and rear upper ball joint. do any of you think it could be that? or have any of you came across the same situation and remedied it . any input will be greatly appreciated, because this is driving me insane!!! jeep has 89 thou on the clock. sorry for the long post...

Check the lower lateral arms retainers for proper toque. Check the upper center balljoint to the axle housing bracket and the control arm bushing retainers. Also check the rear brake calipers. It should have the anti rattle clips secured on the outboard position of the caliper. Check the caliper retainer bushings for wear and exessive play.

Balljoint I have same year and just did mine,difference between night and day noise and ride.

I had a clunk in back too. It ended being the upper control arm and balljoint on top of the diff. Jeep Triangulation suspension?? Kinda crappy Replaced both....quiet and better handling.

dlm ny country

Back