Question about 2002 Cherokee-new here

LynnMac

Hi, All~
I own a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Lately, I have had some operating problems with it...here is what's happening:

RPMs will drop immediately, whenever I am going slow through town/neighborhood, or down the hwy. at a traveling speed. Sometimes the engine will shut off, sometimes not.

I can be idling at a traffic light, or in a turn lane, or a drive thru (this has happened a couple of times) and sometimes the engine will shut off. It won't always crank right right back up. Sometimes I have to wait a moment or two before it will crank up again.

And, if it is parked for a little while, after driving, and if I get back in it again to drive, it won't always crank right up. It takes a few tries, a couple of moments.

These things happen sporadically, no warning, and might be a week or more between this.

Apart from these problems, I've never had any difficulty whatsoever with my Jeep. I love it, it's been a great vehicle for me. There is someone who does car repair in his spare time, and is well known for being good at it. I do not want to take in to the Jeep place, because I know how it will cost me.

Someone said that it sounds like a fuel line line problem to them.....fuel not getting to engine properly?

Would like some "expert" Jeep advice or thoughts before taking it in. Thanks!

With the absesce of the SES lamp, it would be a good idea to check and monitor the fuel pressure and perform a leak down test.

Back