MY project

spence426

Hey guys thought I would tell you about my project and maybe get some help with building a cheap and good truck. I got a free '88? Cherokee wagoner from a guy who I sell parts for. Its been sitting since '03 and needed a transmission relay or something. The interior is near mint and he says it runs we just need to drag it out of the row of cars its in to really get a good look at it. I'll put money into it cause its a free jeep as long as its not to rusty. the floors are great and so are the frame rails. the rear bumper rusted off and the metal behind the bumper is gone and so is the inside of the boxs that the rear leaf spring bolts into and that's the worst of the rust. It has the 4.0 in it and a automatic transmission. I am slo buying a parts jeep for it from a guy on the ohio off road site. Its an xj shell he was parting out it includes, front and rear axle, shell, engine, transmission, T-case (junk 242 tho), 4.5 inch lift, adjustable track bar, interior all the glass, doors, newer gas tank with newer pump, etc. Whatever I don't want, I leave there. The rear piece I need is clean on this truck or should I do something else? I am 19 and this is my first jeep project, I have owned jeeps before but never lifted it. So all the help I could use where is a good place to get a nice cheap set of off-road tires?

Here are some pics but Its worthless to work on when I pulled it out of the row of cars it was in the leaf spring box separated from the frame.

Attachments

• parts collection 010 (Small).jpg
    parts collection 010 (Small).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 194
  • parts collection 011 (Small).jpg
    parts collection 011 (Small).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 195
  • parts collection 013 (Small).jpg
    parts collection 013 (Small).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 208
:shock:
Not much left there to weld on. Did you give up on it, or are you still thinking about rebuilding?

I gave up on it worth more in parts I'll just find a better one I really wanted a woody tho. Its in really good shape for ohio but the worst is what you see.

Back