Bang from rear when going in reverse

SLiM

Hey everyone I have a 92 Cherokee Lerado with the 4.0 six. when ever I back out of a parking spot I get a bang which sounds like its coming from the rear its not a loud bang but its loud enough that I hear it, I have a hard time sometimes getting it into reverse oh I forgot to say its a five speed manual. If anybody has any idea of what it could be please let me know, any info would be great. Thanks In Advance

Check your rear suspension components for worn bushings, brake components and your axle pinion for exsessive endplay. I would say to also check the U-Joints on the driveline but it doesn't make any sense if it only does it on reverse. Still possible though.

Check your rear suspension components for worn bushings, brake components and your axle pinion for exsessive endplay. I would say to also check the U-Joints on the driveline but it doesn't make any sense if it only does it on reverse. Still possible though.

I noticed now it does it going forward once and awhile, also my e-brake doesnt work if that helps at all?

Sounds like a mount to me. Also make sure your ebrake is not trying to stick.

Is this something I should be really worried about, Im in construction and have not worked in 6 months so I dont have alot of money to put out right now.

Back