90 XJ rough idle and choppy driving

90xjowner

So here is my dilemma, My 90 xj injector o-ring went out and caused some nasty problems like overflowing throttle body and such and my alternator bolts broke off in the block. got both fixed at the family shop and now im still having the same problems as before.:cry: It a stock 1990 xj 5-speed 2.5L with close to 200k miles. Heres what she is doing

-It runs really rough and sounds like it's going to constantly die at idle
-At certain times it lurches forward while driving
-Gas gauge randomly changes fuel level from 1/2 to 3/4 to 1/4 back to 3/4 when it sounds like its going to die

anyone have any ideas what it could be? after taking it to the family shop twice they can't seem to find it so I am thinking they are just wasting my time and money... so any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Email b_dreggors@yahoo.com
Aim Puddleofsomeone
or post in this tread i just wanna get my jeep running right asap

Any misfires?, throttle body clean?, IAC clean of carbon build up and not sticking?, fuel pressure within specs? . Just basic checks and gather some symptoms that may lead to the cause of the concern to i solate the problem.

Any misfires?, throttle body clean?, IAC clean of carbon build up and not sticking?, fuel pressure within specs? . Just basic checks and gather some symptoms that may lead to the cause of the concern to i solate the problem.

It misfires alot... and as for the IAC and fuel pressure specs I have no clue where to locate them or how to test them but I will look into it ... thnx for the help.

Well, there you go. If there's a multiple misfire on the engine, i would diagnose that first. Check the sparkplugs for fouling, wires, cap and rotor. Check the cylinder compression with a compression gauge that you can purchase from a local auto parts store and same with the fuel pressure test gauge. Test the fuel pressure for the proper spec. If you need a procedure of how to perform these test, don't hesitate to ask, we'll walk you through it.

Ok so .... I went outside it wouldn't start... ended up pop starting it because it wouldn't jump. So i go maybe a block down the road put a few gallons of premium gas in it and it dies on the way out... won't start again at all won't turn over my radio and interior buzzer don't even work now ... any ideas?

Back