new blower not getting the job done

I had to get my part from the dealer.After you install the new part if it doesn't blow very hard then reverse the 2 wires going to the motor. You will be able to pop the pins out on the connector that plugs into the circuit board. I think the wires are red and black,if you trace them to the motor then you have the right ones! Have fun! The retrofit heat sink is much bigger so don't think you have the wrong one.

I just fixed my exact problem, Its the GREEN and Black wires/ thanks man. you just saved me a ton of Dealership fees.

Hi--my jeep is '03 GC Ltd. 2 wks ago the blower stopped working; I went to my auto repair guy since no one in my house knows which end of a screwdriver to use.[ if you keep this fact in mind ,you may be less tempted to lol at my eventual question ] He found burned out resistor, which seems to be a common issue. Apparently Chrysler re-designed it recently,due to so many complaints,and the wiring harness for the new one was backordered. .Had to wait almost 2 wks.

Now to my point: had the new blower assy installed 3 days ago and it is terrible.Hardly any circulation at all, even on high--most of what comes out is from the center vents, nothing to speak of on the sides. I complained to my repair guy before even leaving his place, but he says everything was installed properly. To me, it's almost as if speed/volume of air have all been downgraded with the new unit, so as not to burn out so quickly in future. Is this possible ?

Whatever the reason--I am not much better off than when fan was completely dead. This blower will never be sufficient here in FL for short hops and day-to-day driving around town.

I’ve done some searching, found plenty of posts and answers about blower probs, but none specifically mentioning issues with the newly-designed ones. Any ideas on getting optimum air circulation from the new blower assy ? Is there anything else that should be checked----voltages, settings, etc ? While I trust our mechanic, it would be helpful if I had a leg to stand on with him, apart from insisting that it’s just not right.

Thanks for letting me "vent" <<groan>>....and for any advice you may have...

I read another post where the instructions to wire the blower motor were incorrect - that the way the instructions came they showed the wires backwards. Right now your motor is spinning the wrong way - that is why you are not getting the air volume you had before. Have your mechanic swap the 2 wires around and you should be good to go!

I all I had the same problem and switched the wires and the motor works fine now, well almost. My problem is the fan continues to blow once the car is turned off and the key is out of the ignition. Has anyone had this problem or can tell me what I should check next?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Jeepz.com :welcome:belated of your successful repair , but we will need more information to assist you further . We will need vehicle year , make , model , engine , trans , information of the system in question with regards to optimal equipment or any difference that may be listed to differentiate any model options to accurately research for best solution to another successful repair. Please update the vehicle information in your personal member list for purpose that a member who can and may assist you has a reference of your vehicle to benefit their research . It is obvious that your blower is now operating on a live continuous feed that is not switched by the ignition but is from a battery terminal in the fuse box. If this happened after your repair , a diagram will most likely be necessary to study and of you can supply exactly what you performed in the way of repair , I.e. , rerouted power supply , request or select line , etc. , or at least the color codes (color and tracer) or wire or wires repaired. Hoping I may be of assistance myself if I have the reference, but at least members with updated reference more advanced than myself can assist . We hope to help and in many cases , we can and have .
Please update your personal and post soonest that we may assist . Thank you for your membership . Greg

Back