How do you unplug the blower fan?!?

Saurian

Hey, all, been a while. This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but I don't want to inadvertently tear the wire harness...

2000 XJ, the problem, as I believe it to be, is that the connection is dirty where the power plugs into the blower, right there on the firewall. If I wiggle the plug, blower starts right up, and runs great. I want to unplug it, and clean it. Problem is, I can't figure out if there is some kind of trick to getting it off... I've pulled on it, I've tugged on it, and I don't want to go all brute force on it if I am supposed to be taking something apart, or unlatching something first...

Like I said, stupid sounding question, but I'd rather ask first than yank on it and find that it doesn't just pop right off...

Thanks in advance :)

I have a similar problem with most of the electrical connections I come across. What ever happened to the simple "male - female - pull 'em apart" connections??? Usually (but not always, of course), there's some sort of slotted (male side) housing with a little nurd of some sort on the female side (which, of course, NEVER works as it's supposed to!!!). Can you post some pics from different angles??? Surely, someone on here can help us!!

Back