Looking at a 98 Cherokee

amp2286

I've found a 1998 Cherokee that I'm considering buying. I've been looking at Jeeps for a couple of months and recently decided to go with a Cherokee instead of a Wrangler (nothing against Wranglers, the Cherokee is just more suited for me). I found this one for $4500. Not sure if it is a 4cyl or 6cyl. Any advice or thoughts? Here is what the Seller listed as a description:

"1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 87k miles, runs perfect, ice cold A/C, 5 Silent Armor Goodyear tires, new brakes ( pads rotors and drums ), new shocks( rear shock are adjustable air rides ), custom rear bumper w/ spare tire carrier ( will discount the truck if you do not want the bumper ). The bumper was custom made for me with (2) two inch recievers. It gives you the ability to use a bike rack, cargo rack, ect ect, and still be able to use the lower reciever to tow a trailer. I tow dirt bikes on a small aluminum trailer . Fluids just changed including radiator flush. Everything works. Stock radio but it does have a 6 disc changer.No leaks, Looks good but it is not perfect."

I think you can do a lil better on that $4500. especially if it does turn out to be only a 4 cyl. (personallly that would be enough right there to make me pass on it altogether) BUT if it is in FL as I see that you are, you would probably not find teh major problem I see up here in the midwest; RUST! so that said maybe it would be worth a bit more than one from around here though w/o actually seeing it, hard to say.

Back