H.I.D. lights

rdlcamaro

I am lookin at buying these euro clear crystal headlights, and in the near future, getting a 10000k H.I.D. kit for my 1997 zj... what are your thoughts on this... i read somewhere else that its a bad idea to put H.I.D.'s in a stock housing, but since these aren't technically stock, would it still cause too much glare? if so does anyone know where i could either buy or make some projector style headlight housings for it to reduce glare?

93-98 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE EURO CRYSTAL CLEAR HEADLIGHTS

LHJGC93AKS-1.jpg

I did a little bit of research into this and it seems our best bet at an easy swap would be to pick up some hella e-code housings and pair it with a decent bulb. The e-codes are supposed to have a nice cutoff and light distribution. This is all second hand from what I've read on sports car forums, I personally don't have any experience with HID's. I just know the e-code name gets thrown out every time a HID discussion comes up. Here's a link to give an idea of prices for the housings, I guess you'd still have to find bulbs, ballast, etc.

Amazon.com: Hella 200mm Rectangular E Code H4 Halogen Replacement Headlight Kit with Standard 60/55W H4 Bulbs: Automotive

Edit: I also saw you plan to go with 10000k lamps and everything I've read says the 5000 range produce the most usable light. Anything higher and they're too blue to be of any use.

cool, ill look at gettin those instead... the 10000k are still 2x brighter than reg silverstars which is what i got now, but its not necessarily all bout light for me... i like the blue, im gettin a light bar wit 6 lights, and a front brushguard wit 4 plus the two on the bumper... idk i just like the blue, but still i may buy the 5000k for even more light.

Back