my intro, idea, and deal

gingerbredman00

Ok my brother in law has a 91 cherokee that he dont drive, or have the title too.:shades:
He has no liscence or a need for the jeep.:twisted:
$200 bucks for a running driving cherokee!
I plan on removing all doors and windows and body panels except the hood. and cutting the roof at the front doors, It wont let me add pic's yet.

Levi,
That sounds like a great deal.

FYI - to add photos, just click on the Go Advanced (upload photos) button, then upload the photos as attachments.

here is a pic of my last 4x4 and my next one.
I plan on folding the roof down right behind the front doors and make it look like an avalanche. useing the metal from the fenders and doors to close the gaps.
I'll definatley post some more pic's after I get it.

Attachments

• mud 024.JPG
    mud 024.JPG
    876.7 KB · Views: 51
  • mud 2 008.JPG
    mud 2 008.JPG
    892.8 KB · Views: 67
its a unibody if you cut the roof off theres no suport and first time on trail it prob bend into a big V in no time :D

its a unibody if you cut the roof off theres no suport and first time on trail it prob bend into a big V in no time :D
it's not quite like a "normal" unibody,,, if it were, then you'd be right. But a Cherokee's "rails" run the full length of the body so that would be less of an issue. Better than a muscle car with subframe connectors.... but I must say the Avalanche has made me want to puke since I saw the 1st one. BTW... who copied who... an Avalanche looks alot like a Hon-duh ridgeline; another puker.
but take a look at a Cherokee from underneath... built like a full size Dodge or (pre 96) Chevy van as close to "full frame as you can get just not a seperate unit bolted to the body. Now go look at a unibody car.... with front and rear subframe rails; they transfer the load thru the roof as well as the rocker panels.

Ok the bottom picture looks alot better than what I was thinking of.
The top is what I "try'd" to do with microsoft paint.
let me know what you think?

Attachments

• chopped jeep.jpg
    chopped jeep.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 222
  • goofy jeep.jpg
    goofy jeep.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 64

The unitbody "frame" is only 16 gauge steel and not all that strong. I plated mine but if you cut the top plan on a cage or you WILL taco the thing if you plan to wheel it.

Personally, I'd leave the body alone for the most part, I'd sawzall the crap out of the fenders and get rid of the flares, and you should be able to fit 31's without a problem, possibly even 32's or 33's, I'd stick with a narrow tire, and get a good offset so they dont rub too bad when you're at full lock on the steering wheel. I'd go with the Swamper LTB's in 34X9.50 and do the necessary surgery with the sawzall, and rattlecan it OD green or flat black while you're at it :)

jesus christ. How did that thing straighten out?
ok I doubt I will cut it, That was horrible.

Back