Electrical issues

Just a quick question yall, I'm still new to the world of Jeeps so this might be an easy problem for all I know but here it goes.
I was rewiring my cd player the other day, whoever had this Cherokee before me shouldn't have been anywhere near an electrical system, so i'm trying to sort it out and I had to stop about halfway through the job, when I started back at it again, my cd player has quit working, my dome lights no longer work, and the accessory spot on my fuse panel no longer works. Everything else does work though, dash lights, all outside lights, runs fine, anybody else ever have a similar problem?

Ya having some problems myself. I have a 96 cherokee and the interior lights and radio are on the same fuse. It is a 10amp in slot #9. My fuse blew after I did a headliner redo, Well like an idiot I only had a 25 amp and yes I stuck it in there, POP sommthing behind the fuse box poped. I chased the wires and found a frey in the vanity mirror wire. But withat solved, I still have a dead Spot in the fuse box slot #9 were the wires for the radio,interior lights drew power. Now im thinking of pulling the fuse box And rewire to another empty slot. Or I might just pull that wire from fuse box and run a direct to battery with an inline fuse.. Its cold here and I work on the jeep in the yard so have yet to tackle it, So let me know how it goes. I really do need the interior lights to work...

Just curious, did ya'll check the fuse # 13 and # 19 on the PDC?. That fuse#9 on the fuse block is on the same circuit as the fuse 19 and 13 on the PDC, meaning, if the PDC fuses are blown then the fuse #9 on the fuse block will still be dead.

were are the PDC fuses located? This would save me a time if its just another fuse,,By the way steelheads thanks for the help.

Anytime , no problem. Yes, when the terminology PDC (Power distribution center) is used, it's the fuse box under the hood. If it's reffered to as the Junction block or fuse block, that's the one inside the cab by the instrument panel.

Yap found a 20amp blown Ill replace it and let you know. dont have one on hand, But ill tell you this - I will no longer be putting in the wrong amperage when i replace a fuse.. Funny thing is years ago in a ford torino I could wrap a aluminum gum wrapper a fuse and it would work 4 eva.. LOL

Hey thanks for the tips yall, i'll be tryin them out tomorrow morning, hopefully I can solve it but either way i'll post the results, atleast ive got a lead now though lol thanks again guys.

Replaced the fuse in the pdc.. Radio, interior lights, All workin . wicked good Steel thanx buddy..And to think I almost pulled the fuseblock out.. Saved me a headach.

Ah ha! That might solve one of my questions but I have another. Will make a separate post.

Back