is it possible to mount 33x12.50 tires on stock grand cherokee rims

guy

i just got a set of bfg all terrain 33x12.50 tires. is it possible to mount them on stock rims. im pretty sure the stock ones are 15x7 but im not sure

Yes.

It's possible you may have some tire clearance issues between the inner sidewall and the spring bucket.

Most OEM steel wheels are 7" wide and aluminum are 8".

cool i feel a little better. im putting on 5.5 inches of lift. I guess the only way to find out is to do it. i appreciate it.

maybe it would be best to look around for some stock 15x8 after all the stuff i ordered im on a budget for a little while.

As Bounty Hunter said, they should fit fine, however, they may rub on the inner rear fender area.

Worst case scenario you can order up some rear 1" wheel spacers to push them outboard a bit. Some people don't like wheel adapters or spacers, but we've had pretty good luck with the ones that customers wanted us to install for them. I see both sides of the argument..for and against...but then again I run a set of adapters on my 1966 F100 pickup, and have had zero problems with them.

In an ideal world, you'd purchase wheels with the "correct" backspacing on them already, and not have to mess with adapters or spacers.

Kevin

Back