2002 liberty battery cable

mark sr

My stepson's liberty needs the battery cable ends replaced. Should be a simple job but the cable ends are different than any other I've replaced. The factory ends bend and go down along the side of the battery about 2" Both leads enter a fat wire loom that doesn't want to move much. I think I can get enough slack to put a new end on the positive cables but the negative/ground cable won't reach.

How do I work around this? I've thought about installing a new ground cable seperate from the wire loom but there are 2 ground wires. I've not traced them down but assume 1 goes to the engine block and the other to the electronics :???:

your help is appreciated!

I was looking on the net, and found photos of what other people have done. It looks like you could just run new battery cables, you'd just have to trace back the wires through that loom.

Attachments

• liberty-battery.jpg
    liberty-battery.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 5,218
Ya, I was afraid of that :(

I've got the old ones cleaned up, that will get him by for awhile. Maybe the next time I work on it for him he'll have money to pay me back for the parts ;)

After a closer look at the pic, it appears that battery is still using the stock [or similar] battery cable end - you can see how it bends down over the side of the battery.

Last edited:
Back