Jerking problem

James S

6 moths ago i had this issue and replaced the map sensor and now it happened again, so of course it i replaced it again but it did not correct the problem. I brought my 04 gand cherokee to a different mechanic per my origianl mechanics request to get a more in depth diagnostic and he said its eiher the fuel fllter-regulaoter or fuel pump. We tried the filter regulator and no success. We dont want to put the pump in because we are getting 60psi connsitantly. We also changed the the plugs because they needed to get but of course thats not the answer, Perhaps its the trottle position sensor which does go bad on occasion according to msn. Anyone got any idea? thanx

6 moths ago i had this issue and replaced the map sensor and now it happened again, so of course it i replaced it again but it did not correct the problem. I brought my 04 gand cherokee to a different mechanic per my origianl mechanics request to get a more in depth diagnostic and he said its eiher the fuel fllter-regulaoter or fuel pump. We tried the filter regulator and no success. We dont want to put the pump in because we are getting 60psi connsitantly. We also changed the the plugs because they needed to get but of course thats not the answer, Perhaps its the trottle position sensor which does go bad on occasion according to msn. Anyone got any idea? thanx
when you say jerking , does it seem to lose power and then suddenly take off?Do you notice almost no pedal at all when you give it gas?

It will accelarate and increase torque, not as good as it should be when given more trottle but of course still remain jerky. So the answer is no to the no pedal which is why i am not certain about the tps. Why do ask baggman?

It will accelarate and increase torque, not as good as it should be when given more trottle but of course still remain jerky. So the answer is no to the no pedal which is why i am not certain about the tps. Why do ask baggman?

Remembering a time when I would be driving along and suddenly it would slow down and speed up(jerking). Giving it more pedal wouldn't seem to make much change. Ended up installing fuel pump.

Verify that the fuel pressure regulator is holding at the specified fuel pressure at the fuel rail during wide open throttle. If that checks out good, use a digital multimeter and test the TPS. Make sure that the transition of the resistance is smooth, if not, replace it. Another cause for the symptom you have described, contingent to the speed on which it occurs is a torque converter or a trans. solenoid issue. This symptom would trigger a DTC if it's present.

i have the same type of problem. when i take off sometimes i will hear it miss. and also when im driving at a constant speed at about 2k rpm it jerks around until i let off the gas. sometimes when i give it gas it hesitates and then goes takes about a second or two. could this be tps?

My o2 sensor caused the same problem when i ripped it right out of my exhaust didnt even set a check engine light

Back