sun roof

dirtster

I would like to install an aftermarket sun roof in my 2000 XJ. J.C. Whitney has one that looks pretty good. I'm concerned about how it would seal across the ribs on the top. And, I would have to relocate the interior dome light. Anyone installed one of these?

I have installed many sunroofs in the past,but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want one on a Jeep!I find it so much cooler and easier to just drop the top!Just sayin'..............................!But to answer the question,you will have to fill in the low spots with rtv silicone caulk to seal properly!

Without a can opener, it is a little hard to drop the top in an XJ Cherokee. :) I had thought about some silicone sealer. I'm glad to hear that would work. Thanks for your help.

I found that SFC (Sunroof Doctor) makes a special designed sunroof for the Cherokee with a frame that accommodates the ribs on the roof of the Cherokee. It is $179.95 plus shipping. The solar glass pops up for venting and can be entirely removed for the open air. Glass size is about 15" X 35". 8)

Back