Aussie locker

dirtster

I have been researching all the locker possibilities. The ultimate seems to be the air activated ARB but they are totally out of my price range for now.

I have read many reviews on the Aussie Locker and, for the most part, the reviews are positive. My only hesitation is how it will effect the day-to-day driving on dry pavement and on wintery slick roads. That's where the forum user reviews seem to be varied and highly opinionated (some just theory and not actual experience).

I am willing to drive the vehicle carefully in turns, and normally do anyway, but neither do I want a situation where I have to be always thinking about the stupid lockers during normal driving.

I guess what I really want is to have my cake (low price) and eat it too (seamless, behind-the-scenes operation and there when needed). Am I in a fantasy land?

Anyone have experience with the Aussie Locker?

I ran them front and rear in my XJ for about 4 years before I swapped the axles. The front was invisable except the clicking in turns when in 2wd. The rear I didn't notice on the road at all except a little in the rain taking off turning but even then it was barely anything. Offroad they were flawless. I had lock rites in another vehicle and the Aussies worked twice as well. Don't get much snow down here so can't really say how they'd do but for the coin you can't beat them.

Thanks Marc, Your testimony really helps. Your experience clears away what could be sales hype and makes it reality. I'm settled on the Aussie.

If the clicking bothers you and they will click, use a synthetic or blend oil. It will help to quieten them down.

Thanks again, Marc. I run synthethics in everything. I'm totally sold on it.

Back