aftermarket fog lights....install

interceptor429

just bought my 94 jeep cherokee saturday ,i would add a picture but don't know how ,.....i'm new and i have a question ?????,...bought a set of aftermarket fog lights for my 1994 cherokee sport 4.0 HO,the plugs on front bumper came right off and the threaded area of light mount with fit right in the hole ....but i cant get my hand in anywhere to hold the nut for tightening ....any thoughts on this and whats worked for you guys,...alternate sites easiest mounting ways .....i can't climb up and down much ,have a prosthetic left leg and a braced right 1...so easy is good any ideas .with be appreciated,thank you all in advance ,keith love :D

I went out and looked at mine, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to do it, that I can think of. A socket extension with a universal joint would likely flop around and make it nearly impossible.
In your position I'd remove the light from the base, cut me a wood dowel to around a foot long and stick the nut to the end with some plumbers putty. When I got the nut lined up with the hole try to screw the base to the nut. Just to get it started and then try an extension and a swivel/universal and a socket. However you do it, it may take some patience and a little luck.
Maybe somebody else has a better idea?
My wife has a missing left leg from mid thigh down, it sure makes life difficult. She seems to manage most things fairly well though.

thanks for the reply mudderchuck....yes i figured it would be tough,and yes it is a bit tough with this problem i know you understand because of your wife ,mine is below knee so ,i do have joint use ...but ,still tough lost 3 years ago ,so i'm still learning and not giving up ....lol NEVER GIVE IN,my motto.so thanks for your idea,...i'll try that ,take care ....:)

The wife lost hers around forty years ago, lost enough meat out of her right leg to make a roast. She has pretty much kept two households going, ours and her elderly parents for a decade and still works half days and managed to raise three kids. My guess is it is mostly about will power.

yes it is ......but my right is doing the same thing ....i have what is called charcot's foot pronounced (shark-o's)...i have a brace to keep right foot in place ,...it bites but like i said i don't give in.....the cartilage disolves and foot disconnects from leg bone and leg bone comes out the side of ankle....don't feel to good ...lol but i keep going and i'm a jokester too....so thanks for the info ...i'll make it that long i hope,thx

ok Get on the ground, Remove the dirt shield in the front, You can put your arm threw below the radiator rite into the bumper. I had to do this to get my front licence plate on..

My dad worked with a buddy for years that had charcot's. His boy inherited it from him too I believe. It's a crap deal man...sorry to hear it.

Back