HELP!!!!!Terrible vibration when braking!

titus90703

any time i brake espically coming off the freeway at higher speeds i get a terrible vibration from the front end it feels like the tires could fly off any minute please any answers would help i drive my kids in this car i wanna make sure its safe PLEASE

Does the pedal seem to go up and down? If so that sounds like a warped rotor to me. You'll probably need to either get your rotors resurfaced or buy new ones, along with new brake pads.

Check to see if your Jeep had the warranty done on the original brake rotors yet. Factory recalls can be sweet and $ave you money!

There was a recall for new front rotors because the original ones could corrode (rust) enough to come apart.
My Comanche had the same problem with vibration and it was the rotors but they had large patches of rust form and break through on the swept braking surfaces - had to replace them - Dodge Dakotas had a similar problem.
Best to replace both rotors and the pads ASAP.

Warped/bad rotors. Replace ASAP. Life will be good again (and relatively inexpensive). Should replace the brake pads, too.

Yep.............been there felt that! I replaced rotors, pads, hoses and calipers while I was in it. This can not only lead to brake failure but fire! Brakes get hot in normal conditions and I know the friction you are feeling is not good and is a safety hazard! Get it fixed ASAP!

Back