Smile 1993 Grand Cherokee missing/ lag ?

Hello all,

I scoured the forms and i could not find a problem that was the exact same as mine. I have a 1993 Grand Cherokee 5.2L Automatic AWD. i just bought it and noticed that when driving sometimes not all the time it feels as the truck lags out or wind is blowing against me or like im pulling a small trailer type of jerking... but much lighter then that but only for a split second. the RPMs stay the same have 4 new tires. when i accelerate i don't really notice any missing. it also feels like the wheels are moving at slightly different speeds. if that makes sense no noise , no check engine lights when i run it i OD off i don't really notice it that bad. also the kick down cable is broke not sure if that has anything to do with it but it runs fine until i just cruise at one speed then it acts odd... Also i new to the jeep experience but with the AWD is the steering suppose to feel..... different for a lack of better word when going slow? almost feels like the front wheels are fighting each other and when i turn at slow speeds i feel it slow down and i have to give give it more gas to make it keep going. ... anyway i will stop this rant and see if anyone can help. I thank you all in advance.

P.S. the Front and Rear Differential was flushed and replaced about a year ago.. as well as new plugs and wires... so im told

Re: 1993 Grand Cherokee missing/ lag ?

Try manually downshifting one gear. If that helps, the lockup converter may be going out. A bottle of Lubeguard for Mopar trans MAY prolong it. Valvebody could also be sticking between gears and causing slippage.
    '87 Comanche 4x4 lifted 5 1/2" on 33" tires 4.0L/AW4/NP242 $3500
    Perfect combination but too small to haul my Grand Kids and wife in.

Re: 1993 Grand Cherokee missing/ lag ?

I know on the 96 gc you have to have a operating kickdown cable and I would say the same for yours replace that then try it again see if it makes any difference.

4. The kick down also regulates your trans pump you need that fix it and it should help