New Jeephead - '64 Wagoneer...

JeffPucillo

Hello All:

First time caller. 1964 Jeep Wagoneer. The Beast, as we call her, is in quite decent shape. Lots of little things to keep an eye on but she runs great and other than a minor electrical snafu we ran into a few weeks ago she is pretty flawless.

The Beast is owned by my good buddy Chris - he lives in New York City and is new to mechanical things, I live in Westchester County so I have a little more leeway in terms of parking and I have a background (purely recreational, not professional) in Formula Fords, vintage Volvos and vintage Honda motorcycles. Chris is eager to learn and I am eager to get started on this.

A few questions - I see that most of the guys on here are dealing with modern Jeeps. Am I in the wrong forum? Is there a better place for us to mingle and share ideas?

I am trying to pull together some reference material for us. Any idea where I can get the shop manual for this baby? Obviously the electrical diagram would be a BIG help. The Volvo and Honda guys pass a .PDF file around that has the original shop manual in scanned form. I am hoping the vintage Wagoneer folks have something similar.

Also, the previous owner put a Weber carburetor on the Beast and I would like to track down an original unit. Having dealt with SU's on the Volvo I know people often give up on "weird" carbs when the stock unit is perfectly well-engineered.

Last note - my wife's cousin just bought a 1941 army Jeep. I drove it in August and would love to help him with some repair and maintenance stuff.

Thanks in advance for your help, gents.

Cheers,

Jeff Pucillo

there is a jeep site for the big older jeeps. dang, i cannot think of the site name though. i have very little experience on them myself so i wold be able to offer ya'll little aid, other hten the normal stuff you probably already know

Hello Superj:

I sure appreciate the quick response. If you could find that site for the big older jeeps (and the little Willy's Army Jeeps too) I would be greatly indebted. Google searches have turned up nothing for me.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jeff Pucillo

Hello Larry:

Fantastic advice all around. MUCH appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeff Pucillo

Back