XJ Bumper

firestarter

Searched around a bit and didn't find a whole lot on this.

Currently I've got the stock front bumper and am looking at something just a bit better :) I'd like it to be winch capable with the ability to add a stinger-style setup at a later date.

Any recommendations? Any companies to stay away from?

haha, of course. Google is quite nice but actual recommendations from people that use the equipment on a daily basis far surpasses any magazine article, promotion, sales pitch, etc ... I could probably find a ton of customer reviews out there but so far my experience on this site has been great when it comes to reviews of product quality and general opinions on similar matters.

It can be pretty difficult sometimes to see who (company) is backing certain publications/ articles which give bias to a review.

I just want thoughts and suggestions....that's all :) Also, the nice thing about a forum layout is that it can lead to other discussions and/or stories involving the product that could shed light on topics.

I didn't change out the bumper, went with the WARN Trans4mer Grille Guard. It has a front 2" receiver for a winch, mounting holes for tow hooks, and it was a pretty easy install around the existing bumper. I'm of the school: if it ain't broken, don't replace it, so this worked well for me.

Just a thought.

Back