2001 GC Laredo transmission issue

st0new0lf

Running a 2001 GC Laredo, 4.0L AT / 4x4 246k miles

engine has full power, yet when I put it in gear (any gear including reverse)
it pulls like it's stuck in 1st gear on a manual transmission..

someone mentioned there are sensors and stuff that could be bad causing this issue.. are these able to be replaced by the owner? or is it a shop only repair?

would really hate to have to replace the complete transmission, so hoping it is a sensor issue.
if anyone has run across similiar issue let me know what the fix was please.

Running a 2001 GC Laredo, 4.0L AT / 4x4 246k miles

engine has full power, yet when I put it in gear (any gear including reverse)
it pulls like it's stuck in 1st gear on a manual transmission..

someone mentioned there are sensors and stuff that could be bad causing this issue.. are these able to be replaced by the owner? or is it a shop only repair?

would really hate to have to replace the complete transmission, so hoping it is a sensor issue.
if anyone has run across similiar issue let me know what the fix was please.

I would check the fluid level first thats the easiest thing to do. The I would check the shifter linkage. I have been hearing that the governor in the transmission sometimes goes out. I'm tearing into a Grand Cherokee drive-train as well so if I find out anything I deferentially let you know.

Stuck in 1st gear means it's on limp in mode. There should be a DTC logged in the TCM(Transmission control module). Scan it or have it done so we can go from there. There are multiple sensors and solenoids in the transmissions valve body. Any failures in one of the sensors and solenoids can default the transmission in a limp in mode.

Back