'95 Grand Cherokee Ltd memory issue

chromachino

hi there, i tried searching the forum but no luck, so sorry if i repeat something that was answered...

so, i bought a '95 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8 a last year in pretty good condition, except for some "small" issues...

amongst other, the one thing that drives me crazy is that whenever i unlock the car with the remote, i have to adjust both mirrors... sometimes i also have to press the driver seat memory button to recall the position of the driver seat (not always, sometimes it stays as i left it)

i tried obtaining user and service manuals, tried programming the remote, no luck...

there are some other electrical issues (the odo, radio and display on the central console dim for 1/2 second, etc.)

thanks for helping a jeep enthusiast from europe... :shades:

Tough call on the possible component at fault. There are several modules that communicate through the CCD communication network that makes the auto adjust feature that has been learned by the driver to function. Since your GC is a European version, the body designation would be a ZG and the driver side is on the right hand side correct?. The 2 primary component for the MSM(Memory seat) feature is the MSM module and the DDM(Driver door module). The MSM gets its information from the DDM when the RKE(Remote keyless) is pressed. If the communication is null from the 2 modules, the feature will not work properly. Another possibility is the MSM module itself. In some cases, the MSM fails to store information in its memory bank and the only way to repair it is to replace the module. Check the wires as well for a loose connection. The MSM is mounted directly under the driver seat with multiple wiring connectors.

excellent, thanks a lot, this is really helpful and a great way to start looking for the problem...
:)
if i could just be so bold as to ask you to point me to some site that has some sort of wiring diagrams, i'm definitely buying you a beer next time you visit croatia... ;)

just a small correction: my jeep was actually built in a chrysler plant in canada and imported to croatia, so everything is in the right place :) i can even choose to display the data in miles and fahrenheit...

thanks again, i knew i could rely on the help of fellow jeep lovers...
:)

Back