Grand Cherokee Dual Climate Control Trouble

PlasticNerd

I have a 2000 Grand Cherokee V-8 4x4. The heater controls are dual, and the passenger side does not work. It only blows cold, no matter what you set the temp to. Driver side works great. Are there any thoughts on how to fix it? Thanks for your help.

Possibly an actuator failure or a mode door is broken. the only way to check the door and repair it is to remove the dash. The actuator can be tested with the Chrysler scan tool and see if will pass the calibration test.

I have an 04 GC and seem to be experiencing similar issues. JGCParts has a fix that doesn't require removing the dash. The blend doors are likely broken It seems Jeep used some poor quality materials that are destined to fail. I haven't made the repair yet since I just bought the Jeep and have just started making friends with it.

I have an 04 GC and seem to be experiencing similar issues. JGCParts has a fix that doesn't require removing the dash. The blend doors are likely broken It seems Jeep used some poor quality materials that are destined to fail. I haven't made the repair yet since I just bought the Jeep and have just started making friends with it.

If you are absolutely sure that the blend door has failed due to a broken door, then the kit your talking about should fix it without removing the instrument panel and HVAC housing however, if the actuator on the back of the hvac (facing the firewall) has failed, removal of the instrument panel is inevitable. Pay close attention with the instructions that the kit came with. Follow the measurements given on where to cut the housing to avoid cutting into the evaporator core.

Back