Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo High Mileage

J_mex08

Ive Been looking for a Grand Cherokee Laredo for some time now and all i can find that are in my price range are 2000-2002 Laredos with high Miles. Is it true that jeeps run good for a long time? Im talking about 160k to 180k miles. Should i go ahead and buy one with this many miles knowing its ok or should i just forget about it?

I have a 98 GC Laredo with a 5.2l V8. Its has 255000 miles with the original motor and trans. Not rebuilt but as it was when new. Still runs strong with absolutely no problems except the usual wear and tear. If you plan on buying something to have fun with and "build it" then miles are not an indicator of its shape. Just look at the bottom for dents, scratches, rust, or anything damaged. If you are looking for daily reliability go under 120000. Because that's when my bushings started going bad and there are a LOT of bushings on a Jeep GC Laredo.
Good luck on the hunt. I have been looking for another Laredo for my wife for 18 months unsuccessfully.

I bought a WJ with a rebuild title, its a '99 with only 113xxx miles, only needed a rear hatch and front two quarter panels I only paid 1800.

my grand cherokee i just picked up is a few miles short of 200k. i am new to jeeps, but i know that the 4.0 L6 is virtually indestructible. I only paid 1000 bucks for it plus taxes and dealer fees

This is a little frustrating for me seeing these awesome deals as all I can find is around here is $7000+ for one in good shape. Im thinking $5000 tops. Miles don't count as I don't care it just has to run good when purchased. The models I want are XJ, ZJ, and WJ. I'm Phoenix so if anyone sees something by all means pm me.

This is a little frustrating for me seeing these awesome deals as all I can find is around here is $7000+ for one in good shape. Im thinking $5000 tops. Miles don't count as I don't care it just has to run good when purchased. The models I want are XJ, ZJ, and WJ. I'm Phoenix so if anyone sees something by all means pm me.
i don't think you want to travel all the way up to the salt lake city area but there are usually some decent jeeps around here.

dustin g said:

The hunt came to an end yesterday. I put a pic of it in the lets see your rig thread.

No

Higher weight oil doesn’t fix anything but can cause damage. The damage is caused during heat up when the oil is too thick to be pushed through in the expected time..

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back