Liberty chip overload???

tjlboise

I pulled into the grocery store parking lot today, and saw a girl with her liberty (newer, not sure on the year) hood open, and she was banging on something with a wrench. It didn't seem right, and I can't stand to see a fellow jeeper in trouble, so I pull up next to her and ask if I can help. She said that her chip overloads and if she undoes the battery and waits for a second to hook it back up, it'll start. I said "okay, but why are you hitting it?" anyway, we got it started, and I sent her on her way, but it made me curious. Is this a common problem in newer liberties? and if so.... anybody have a clue what the fix is?:???:

If it's the new body style liberty then it's the KK body. It's not common to encounter this issue but i have seen it happen more than once. This is just a guess without propperly diagnosing the actual vehicle. The most likely root cause is the Skreem module/Wireless control module lockup. The repair is replacing this module and reprogramming the sentry keys. In an event that this issue is evident, pull the cover open on the PDC and locate the IOD fuse. Remove the fuse for at least 3 mins. then reinstall. See if the engine starts. If it does, you have just verified the culprit.

Sweet.. that's pretty much what I told her. And its also how we got it started. I said it would be easier to just pull this fuse than to have to undo the battery every time. I wasn't positive on what she would have to replace though. So thanks a million...now I just have to try to run into her again. Lol

Back