Power windows wont roll up

guy

None of the power windows will roll up in my 95 grandcherokee. checked the circuit breaker and switched out the master switch from a salvage yard and none of the windows will roll up still.

Check the switches. Or a connection around there.

Check the 12volt power supply to the master switch. If it checks out with battery voltage then call it good. On each one of the door, there's a rubber boot that's between the door and the body door jamb. Start from the driver side by removing the boot enough to check the wiring for chaffing or broken connections. Use a multimeter to verify the continuity from the master switch to the area of the harness your servicing.

i checked the continuity and it said the circuit was open checked the voltage and it didnt read much voltage at all around a .3 so i removed the boot in the door jamb and located the black wire which i assume is the main power wire. found a little chaffing but the wires are still intact. is this enough to prevent the switch from gettin enough juice. how would i go about repairing it. i apologize im really new to electrical.

From the PDC(fuse block under hood) , fuse #11 supplies the voltage. From here, the circuit will run to the junction block (fuse block inside the cab under the instrument panel). There will be a 30amp circuit breaker. This circuit is Tan in color that will run through the wiring harness boot on the door jamb to the master switch. This should have battery voltage with the key on, engine off. Black is ground.

checked all the wiring no cracks. was messing with it today and i could hear the motor running and it wanting to roll up. battery was dead so i got a jump and let my car run for a little while to recharge the battery then i turned it off. whent to crank it back up again to find out my battery is bad. i was looking at the battery and its rated at 400 cca and all the batterys for my jeep are rated at around 620 to 900. Is it a possibility the windows arent getting enough juice and i got sold the wrong battery.

A bad battery can account for a lot of electrical issues. Replace the battery first and see what happens.

that was the problem. kinda find it funny i got sold the wrong thing twice. people at interstate batteries were really nice and replaced it with the right battery again for free. windows rolled up and everything.

Back