A xj With a diesel...where can i get one?

pinaplebob

I was surfin ebay and came accross this link...check it out. It says it's got a diesel. It's also in London so I guess it won't be here anytime soon.

pinaplebob
Diesel XJ[addsig]

wow i wanna see more pictures...[addsig]

Love the quote about the turbo diesel vs. the 4.0..."IT IS FANTASTIC COMPARED TO THE 4.0 LITRE GUZZLY PETROL". But hey, when you live in a country where gas is fairly cheap (even now), compared to other places, why not go with a guzzly petrol engine? :)

Allen...[addsig]

Though rare and expensive, I´ve seen a few over here in Europe. They are kinda dogs, from a standing start, but get almost triple the mileage of a 4 ltr. I used to laugh at em, until I saw an XJ with a snorkel, with water coming in the windows, still chugging, the motor and most of the Jeep under water. One thing about a diesel, as long as they are getting air and fuel they´ll run just fine, the electrical system doesn´t mean much for diesel combustion. Heck I was impressed. :-D [addsig]

I must disagree you can find them here in the states I almost bought one last year I forget the numbers and the years but there where a certain numbers brought in for so many years. The one I drove had alot of miles but still had a lot of stuff to it. In 05 the liberty is going to be offered in diesel they are saying around 30 mpg. If I rememder right it was between 600 and 3000 units a year so you can find them just look.[addsig]

Hi from the UK I have owned an XJ 2.5litre tubo diesel for 12 months now 32 mpg wouldn't swap for a gas version sorry :)
FATGAZZER[addsig]

i was reading in a jeep book, it was talkin about xjs and it said in 1987 some where from 600 to 4000 XJs were made in the US with Renault diesels[addsig]

Fatgazzer...you wheel with a diesel xj?

Anyone ever seen a diesel in the u.s.?
Far right said there may be as many as 4000 in the us. Just wondering...

edited by: pinaplebob, Mar 10, 2003 - 11:42 PM[addsig]

is that thing right hand drive? cause that would be intensely cool.[addsig]

i have relatives in london and was actually there for 2 weeks this summer staying with them. you don't see nearly as many jeep vehicles there as compared to in the states, but there are still a decent number of cherokees, and most of them are diesel. gasoline prices over there were something like 4 or 5 dollars a gallon (approximately... since the english use pounds and litres)... so it definitely would make sense to have an economical diesel. oh and yes... EVERY vehicle (cherokees included) have the steering wheel on the right hand side. it was rather cool:)[addsig]

Quite a few XJ's (cherokees over here) are turbo diesel and yes most are right hand drive unless they are imported.
FATGAZZER
The liberty is available with a 2.5litre or a 2.7 litre turbo diesel over here[addsig]

Anyone here ever driven a right hand drive car that lives in the u.s.? I worked at a car dealership and we would service a right hand drive saturn. Let me tell you, It's no easy trick to drive. I get dizzy for some reason[addsig]

Fatgazzer,
How's the power on your XJ? HP? :-?

edited by: mingez, Mar 15, 2003 - 05:12 PM[addsig]

Italian VM 2.5L Turbo Diesel - 140 hp, 236 ft lb torque @ 1750 rpm, this is a factory standard fit previously fitted by Land Rover in the earlier Range Rovers [pre BMW]
FATGAZZER

edited by: fatgazzer, Mar 16, 2003 - 04:23 PM[addsig]

my friends dad has a skyline that i got to ride in, its right hand drive. very wierd. going through the drive thru was pretty sweet tho.[addsig]

its right hand drive. very wierd
I drove a left hand drive Ford when on vacation in Spain kept trying to shift gear with the door handle:-D
FATGAZZER

edited by: fatgazzer, Mar 16, 2003 - 09:45 PM[addsig]

Was checking out a bunch of diesel XJ´s, on a European used car site, www.mobile.de. Seems to be many offered for sale with, bad head gaskets.[addsig]

Back