Just got '97 Cherokee back from body shop - need some info

vrogers

I got my Jeep back from the body shop after being hit on the front drivers side, and I'm thinking it might need some more work. I measured the distance from the center of the front to rear wheels, and have 101" on the passenger side and 102" on the driver side. The driver side wheel is visibly further forward in the fender well, the passenger side is fairly centered. This does not seem right to me, but a friend who does front end work for a living told me that this isn't neccessarilly abnormal and even designed into the chassis of some vehicles.

I thought this might be a good place to get the best info and all comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!![addsig]

I wouldn't accept that kind of work. It may be something as simple as the wrong amount of shims on the lower control arm on one side, the shims that adjust caster. Hope this is it, it's much more serious if it isn't.

You don't want a jeep with an obvious problem, you shouldn't have to settle for shoddy workmanship. This will wear tires over time, and will never pass a 4-wheel alignment.[addsig]

90% never check the work they have done. 10 to 1 they will say "I am so glad you caught this I just do not understand how this could have made it past out team with out noitice". Good call now make em do it right this time! Tug[addsig]

I agree with them, take it back. I had a Volvo a tree fell on and when I got it back there were waves in the roof. I asked the owner if that was the best they could do and he said "no, but your next door neighbors and never gonna see that". I had them redo it and when it came back it was perfect. While it was being redone, I traded it to a friend of mine who is a car dealer, and he went to pick the volvo up from the shop and the shop owner was ballistic that I bitched about the car and then traded it. Hee Hee, do it right the first time.....[addsig]

yeah dude, take it back... its probably just a bent control arm or something, but it should be fixed... you won't sleep well unless it is :)[addsig]

I would take it back. From all my body shop experiences, Everytime I get a car back it's usually screwed up in some way.

pinaplebob[addsig]

Back