Help>> breaks not working :(

donnie850

Ok.. I needed new front pads. Not a big deal,. Well got the new pads in and discovered my bleeder valves were stuck to point that i stripped both of them, so i just decided to get new calipers. Put everything back together, Bleed all 4 lines. No air, new fluid coming from each line, BUT NO PRESSURE ON PEDAL when running?? When the jeep is not running it acts normal, pump pump tight. When running nothing! any ideas?? did i get a bad caliper??

Alot of times you have to perform a bleed procedure with a scan tool. Air gets trapped in the hcu valves and you need a scan tool to activate them.

Alot of times you have to perform a bleed procedure with a scan tool. Air gets trapped in the hcu valves and you need a scan tool to activate them.

hmm ok.. well that makes sense. How do i do that? lol

I'm not sure if you give me year make model I can check service info. I work for dodge.

94 grand cherokee all time 4x4 5.2 automatic

disk up front, dumbs in rear.

i saw some post on other sites where people says to break hard on gravel to engage abs.. i tried it, abs did kick on, then i came back and bleed brakes again. It did help just a little bit, so i repeated the process twice. But still the same.

Ok. With key off. Pump brakes a bunch of times then open master and crack rf bleeder screw let it drip out with out touching the brakes. Then. Close bleeder pump and repeat on left side. Try to gravity bleed them.

This is true seen that before. A caliper packaged wrong and installed. Can't bleed air if the bleeder is the lowest point.

I did not think about that.. that very well could be it. As far as the abs, if its working then the air should at least be out of that part right?

Sure enough! they were on the wrong side. Problem solved. Everything is working great now. Thanks for the help, i would have never caught that one.

Glad you got it figured out. Pretty common mistake when both calipers are pulled off at once.

Back