Jet ski...water ski opening season, Friendly DC hospitality.

vfrf2

In appreciation to all of you who have given me invaluable...MAJOR invaluable information on my XJ (did I emphasize XJ???? sounding stuck up...but XJs are the BEST) transformation...are invited to help my friends and I open the 2003 water season on the Potomac River near Washington, DC. You guys here at Jeepz.com the bomb!!

Here is the skinny...we are shooting for the weekend of April 22-23. Wetsuits optional...we will have a modified class Custon 900 Kaw zxi sit down, and Jet Ski 550 limited class standup jet ski available for riding...along with 4 + or minus boats for you water skiiers. Those of you who have never been on a standup will be transformed (made into a Jet Ski purist} :)

We will be based out of Leeyslvania State Park, my brother who has as 25 person capacity boat that will be the the taxi (might be a LONG ride if you get him to bait 5 or 6 rods on the outriggers to catch dinner) from Leesylvania to Motowoman Creek on the Maryland side of the river.
Ok...you probably don't want to attempt a Potomac river crossing from Leesylvania State Park to the Maryand side of the river in your Jeep :) On Sunday the 23rd I have found someone who knows the railroad trails well along the river to be a guide, mud, sand, and 3 feet of water are the norm according to him...so, make sure your rig can handle this kind of trail before beginning (Yea, right...not me I'll be watching from a boat or ATV :). Authentic cajun chef...and I mean AUTHENTIC making the gumbo, chicken, beef rib dinner on Sat night...

Allen...

Email me for details (Skinsfan00@aol.com)...anxious to sink an XJ??? (got winch?)...namely mine after a few beers :) I can provide you with a map of a nice Potomac bank river run...well the first 100 feet anyway...after that...you are on your own...and, have someone in your group with a winch. :).

Btw...I happened to notice our infamous webmaster is from Centreville, VA...all I gotta say is...come on down dude!, you are close to home!!

Camping is available at Leesylvania State Park...tents etc...below is the URL

http://www.dcr.state.va.us/parks/leesylva.htm

edited by: vfrf2, Mar 02, 2003 - 09:23 AM[addsig]

that sounds tight, i may have to make the road trip[addsig]

Back